Writer, poet, cartoonist, illustrator, painter, creative producer for movies, father, son, student, teacher and none of the above… sometimes super, sometimes fragile, mostly in between!
10 Things About Me:
- I am left-handed.
- I am a Gemini, and according to my astrological chart, I have six planets in Gemini which makes me pretty dual-natured. My one side loves movies, the other loves meditation.
- I am “directionally-challenged” in real life: my wife jokes that if she takes me down a one-way street and spins me around three times, I won’t be able to find my way out.
- I started my career drawing newspaper editorial cartoons for Rs 25 (50 cents) when I was in college. My last full-time job was as Creative and Production head for 20th Century Fox India. How I got there I have no idea.
- At one point in the ’80s, I break-danced professionally for weddings.
- In my 20s, I quit my career and left the city to become a full-time Osho sannyasin. A few years later, my guru sent me back saying I still had a lot of women to meet and karma to complete!
- My father is a national-award winning author, painter and cartoonist. He created India’s first comic superhero in the ’70s. He is also a superhero in real life.
- My wife and I got married wearing matching Superman t-shirts. Just for the fun of it.
- When my son Nirvaan was born in 2009, my wife and I felt it would be nice if he had no religion column on his birth certificate. We took it up with the municipal authorities and succeeded in having it that way. Possibly the first in India.
- I quit my full-time corporate job in 2011. I now consult as a creative producer for Fox in India. I draw, paint, and write in my free time. This blog is a way of sharing my inner journey and my conversations with my mentor GD.