One day in October 2012, my brother and mentor GD experienced a strong sense of exhaustion without any cause. He slept five hours during the day and went to bed at 9:30 pm. During the waking hours, he said he felt so tired he ‘could barely stand’. “It was like my energy is being drained away,” he said, “and going somewhere else.” It was then that I informed him that the East Coast of the US had been hit by the worst storm in its history.
This was not the first time it had happened. Sometimes, during such times, he sensed a cloud of sadness and tears coming to his eyes. In 2011, I learned from author-psychic Penney Peirce that GD has always been what is known as an empath: a human tuning fork. Such people can directly ‘feel’ into others with X-Ray sensitivity. My mom has been a lifelong empath and my wife and I have been discovering our empathic abilities in the last one year too. I suspect more and more people out there are finding proof their natural empathic abilities without being consciously aware of it. (Not sure if you are an empath? Read this: 30 Traits of an Empath)
In the wake of the Oklahoma Tornado, I felt strongly about writing a blog post as an internet record for empaths to help them to deal with such natural disasters at an energetic level. I asked GD how he had learned to cope over the years with this powerful energetic outage. These were his suggestions:
1) AVOID SELF-JUDGMENT: The biggest tip, according to GD, is to avoid self-judgment at times like this. And avoid being around people who do not understand what is happening. It is bad enough that you feel helpless lying flat on the bed without a reason, it is worse to be around someone who thinks you are shirking work or ‘just imagining’ things.
2) NATURE: Being outdoors and in nature can help. Trees are powerful holders of positive energy and touching – or even hugging – a tree has been recommended by certain psychics. Being barefoot in the park is a great idea too.
3) GROUNDING: Grounding your energy is said to one of the most useful things during this situation. In simple terms, keeping your bare feet touching the floor. If you have a grounding mat, this is a good time to use it. Another way to ground your energy is to visualize a cord connecting your feet with the crystalline core of the earth. Another way to clean your energy is with water – take a shower.
4) FOLLOW YOUR INTUITION: You may be guided to certain meditations or to listen to certain podcasts. Or you may just be too tired to even read. The main thing is not to force anything – not even meditation or doing ‘spiritual’ things.
5) AVOID WATCHING NEWS: Watching disaster news obsessively can suck you into a powerful morphic field of suffering, panic and helplessness. This is not helpful to yourself or others. If you must see the news for practical reasons, tune into it at specific times for a limited period. Don’t feed on the energy of drama.
6) SEND BLESSINGS: Though it may not seem like during disaster time, realize that being an empath is a gift. Send blessings to people affected by the disaster if you feel moved to, or use the simple ho’oponopono declaration.
I hope these tips are useful to all the ‘sensitives’ out there in dealing with crises. If you feel your children are empaths, do guide them through this too. And remember that the energetic impact of a disaster can affect you a few hours before the disaster actually strikes. Finally, do pass this on to anyone else in your life who you feel may be an empath. Thank you.
Image Used Under Creative Commons via E8 Album