Have been busy with two film releases for the past week and missing the quiet company of bloggers within the excitement of the film world. Will be back with new insights & cartoons from GD & me this week! In the meantime, happy to have been conferred a Liebster Award from lovely Pavithra of secondattemptinblogging. The name of this award comes from a German word “Liebster” which means ‘Dearest’, ‘Favorite’ or ‘Beloved’ and has been going around since 2010. Sweet!
Random Facts about me:
- I used to pretend to read palms in college so I could hold pretty girls’ hands. I had worked out a few stock sentences (“you care for others more than they care for you”) which I realized almost everyone believes are true!
- I am a pickle-fanatic. Have around six different types at any given time at home.
- I love my mac products – ipod, ipad, iphone & macbook pro.
- I stopped reading fiction for almost 15 years in between.
- I don’t know how to drive a car. Embarrassing, but true. Fortunately, I have a fantastic driver.
Here are my answers to Parvathy’s questions:
- What is that one thing you will not give up in your life?
– From teenage to middle-age, it seems that meditation is a constant. Haven’t given up yet!
- Which is your favorite restaurant?
– Saravana Bhavan in Chennai. Lucky to have a job that requires me to be in Chennai once a week!
- What is the one vegetable you cannot live without?
– Potato. Potato. Potato. No question about that.
- What is that one recipe you hate the most?
– Nothing really. Anything with karela (gourd) probably.
- What is your favorite movie in the comedy genre?
– Bruce Almighty. Can watch it ad infinitum.
- Which is the best city to live in the world?
– For me and my wife, London has a strong past-life calling. I can find my way around there even to places I have not been to before. Everything feels so familiar.
- Share a cute or daring memory from your childhood.
– At age 10, got an adult video tape (…Conan The Barbarian!) telling the library clerk my ‘uncle’ wanted to see it.
- Do you know how to dance or sing 🙂
– I break-danced professionally at weddings when I was a teenager. I sing in E Flat so I have stopped by popular demand.
- What is that one thing you would want to teach the world?
– How to go within and find peace.
- Whose name comes to your mind when you think of optimism?
– My wife.
- Name a famous personality who is strong, determined & admirable
– Shah Rukh Khan & Will Smith
- What is your favorite movie which has a spiritual theme or message?
- Which book has influenced your life the most?
- Is there any current line/mantra that works for you whenever you remember it?
- A childhood friend/lover who you wished you knew where they were now?
- One quality you wished you had more of?
- Your single most favorite blog post ever (either your own or another’s) that you feel everyone should read.
- The spiritual teacher who has inspired you the most?
- Your escapist fantasy life looks like…?
- The one addiction you wish you could get rid of.
- On your last day on earth you would…?
- Your favourite city in the world is…?
Thank you all for reading and for inspiring me. Your feedback and comments are nourishment for my enthusiasm to create and share even more with you.