My lovely new blogger friend Arjuna at The Wondrous Dharma has nominated me for the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD. And my old blogroll fave Jillian Kermani has nominated me for the VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD! Thank you guys — I feel like THIS happy gal doing cartwheels on the beach! ——————->
I don’t have that many things to say about myself, so I will take the cue from Jillian and the liberty to combining the awards.
- I am left-handed.
- I am a Gemini, and according to my astrological chart, I have six planets in Gemini which makes me pretty dual-natured. My one side loves movies, the other loves meditation.
- During a past life regression, I saw myself in 1830s Londontown where I was ostracized for questioning the Bible. Dying slowly of poverty, starvation and cold, I was forced to kill my little daughters and myself. Maybe because of this, I still have a fear of speaking up about my spiritual side in public!
- At one point, I stopped reading fiction for around 12 years – devouring spiritual books or work related non-fiction. Now I enjoy the occasional Murakami and Steig Larsson.
- Films I can watch again and again: Bruce Almighty, The Devil Wears Prada, Love Actually.
- I adore my 2.8 year old son Nirvaan. I spend half and hour with him every night showing him exhaust fans and elevators on youtube (yes, there are people who upload videos of exhaust fans being switched on and off).
- Macbook, iPod, iPad, iPhone… I am a fully Mac person. Or you can say: an “iPerson”.
There, that was the tough part… now for the fun part!
- UnfindableSelf by Colette Kelso – very clear and sometimes brutally honest observations about the spiritual path. Love it.
- Analyfe by Erin – “The subjective perspective of an analytical optimist” is how she describes her blog. Lovely observations about life, books and the mind is how I would desscribe it.
- Snoring Dog Studio – Love her watercolors of her boston terriers, and her observations.
- Mindful Mothering – Meghan Nathanson doesn’t write as often as I would like (can’t blame a mother of a little baby), but when she does, its a sheer joy to read.
- Awake in Los Angeles – Robert Adams, Nisargadatta Maharaj, Rumi on one blog… need I say more?
- The Slama Family Project – Lovely blogs about conscious parenting, earth exploring and natural living.
- Free Penny Press – A funky grab-bag of poetry, reviews, books, art.
- Mommy Go Lightly – Anyone who hasn’t yet discovered this blog is missing a wealth of insight and humor into marriage and parenting. I discovered it because my wife raves about her posts and sits chuckling with her laptop every few days.
- The Healed Writer – Alix asked this question “What would you write if it wasn’t about the money?” and got me hooked onto his lovely blog. Hope to meet her in person someday. Lovely smiling face.
- KelseyNic Horton – Uplifting, inspiring and creative blog. Hope I got the name right!
- Ooggetuige – Willem-Jan Schipper is a photographer with a gift of making you fall in love with every person he shoots.
- Million Happy Endings – I don’t understand the “Second Life” part of her blog, but her observations on this life are worth reading.
- Dhamma Footsteps – Theravada Buddhism with some beautiful writings with a hint of laughter and lots of self-reflection.
- Living in the Monastery Without Walls – Just the title should be enough to get you to visit. Lots and lots of goodies.
- Jyo Aadarsh – Very fresh and enthusiastic blogging about living on the path of devotion.
The directions for receiving the One Lovely Blog Award are:-
- Mention who nominated you and link back to his/her blog
- Display the award image
- Reveal 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs for the award, leave them a comment telling them of the nomination (including a link back to your post), and provide links to their blogs in your post
- The Heart of the Matter by Amrita Skye Blaine – one of the first blogs I ever followed, and haven’t regretted it for a single post. Only the highest quality Advaita observations here.
- Enjoy Life for Once – A blessed blog by meandering misfit Jennifer Stuart. As she puts it: a blog about “alternative healing applied to western worries”
- Prana And Peaches – Colleen writes, in her words, about “yoga, cats, health and smut”. A great and gifted writer.
- Life is But A Dream – I adore Shantideva’s picks of anecdotes, quotes and poems. A must-read for me.
- Ease of Being – Very heartfelt and earnest seeker’s perspective on Advaita. Her August 13 Post “Pulling the Plug” on life with her teacher Scott Kiloby is one of my favorite posts ever.
- Life is Unwritten – My new fave blog. The “Miracle of Math” post is absolutely outstanding.
- Tracie Louise Photography – I always want to put one “like” for her pictures, and another “like” for the words she writes along with it. She manages a perfect combination of word and image every time.
And the rules are…
- Display the award certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
- Present seven awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
- Post seven interesting facts about yourself.
Phew! Apologies for so many nominations in one go – I don’t mean to diminish the value and beauty of any individual blog. If any of you have already received this award, please consider it an honorary mention – a reminder of how much your time and effort means to strangers halfway across the world. And thank you for being inspiring and lovely blogs for me for the past three months🙂
Superhappy girl doing cartwheels image courtesy of imagerymajestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net